Key talking points from Qual360 North America qualitative market research conference
The only global conference series dedicated to qualitative market research, Catalyx attended and presented at MRMW’s Qual360 North America in Washington DC last week.
As one of the fastest emerging disruptors in the insight industry, our talk focussed on:
• How fast data isn’t necessarily accurate data.
• How cheap data isn’t necessarily cost-effective data.
• Cost-effective research, not cheap research, adds value.
Complete, Consumer, Clarity is the fundamental mission here at Catalyx, and we were delighted how our message was received at Qual360 North America. In fact, if you would like to work with our talented team of brand strategists on your next project, you can contact us here.
It wasn’t just about Catalyx, however, and we also heard fascinating points of view from a number of exciting international brands.
Here we share a few of our key takeaways from the conference:
- “Binary data doesn’t eat chocolate. Human beings do,” said Mondelez. One of many talking about rehumanising data.
Catalyx has always been proud of putting humans at the heart of our strategy to help brands grow. We use our award-winning Consumer Activation System™ approach to capture human-centred holistic insights from behaviour, emotion, opinion and desire. Our strategic actionable insights enable decisions based on the voice and behaviour of your audience.
- David Yeats of Indeed talked about making sure research hits the “actionable zone”. If you’re too close in the minutiae, it’s minimally effective; if you’re too far out – here’s a five-year vision – people don’t know what to do to action that.
We believe in strategic recommendations that enable better decisions for action towards growth. We’re constantly innovating to ensure better decisions for our clients. This is delivered through analysis of the insights and the expert strategic storytelling of our people, right down to the structure of our reporting: with actionable insights up front, the action page; the 10 min taxi test that tells why you need to take the action; and then the story behind the data for those who want to deep dive into the evidence.
- We heard many talk about how one can get burned by going too fast in research.
Catalyx has been monitoring the pendulum on the spectrum of lengthy traditional research vs DIY fast and cheap. We’ve been constantly innovating to sit in the middle. To be a hybrid for the value of traditional research without the heavy-lifting for you, but with the ease to insight (rather than the speed to data) of DIY. We know brands need to move fast in our on-demand world. We recognise that speed doesn’t necessarily get you to the answers quicker, just to the data quicker. Our smart tech and smart people enable us to get you to synthesised and actionable insight for better decisions quicker.
For consumer insight exactly how you want it, contact the Catalyx team here.