4 challenges of DIY research and how to solve them
As an industry we’ve never had it so good in terms of access to our consumers, especially when considering the number of DIY tools available to us.
But whist DIY platforms bring agility and control, they also bring challenges. Can researchers always trust the data? And how many DIY projects are really delivering benefits?
There are 4 ways DIY research can become unstuck:
- The study is aimed at the wrong audience because many DIY platforms recruit from a broad sample – it’s how costs are kept low and these go up quickly once you become more specific in your search.
- The questions set by the user are too complex, hard to read or not strategic enough to gather the right kind of data
- With the rise of bots you can never be sure the person you have recruited is even real
- The user is often limited to one or two data analysis techniques and so plenty can be missed through lack of knowledge and skills
At Catalyx, we believe you should be able to get all the benefits of a DIY approach and get the deep insight and strategic brand building recommendations of a full service approach at the same time.
For example, via our approach:
- We can recruit your specific audience for you, giving you expert advice on how to recruit a balanced sample
- You can build your project alongside us, benefitting from our library of tried and tested activities designed to discover what your audience THINK, FEEL, DO & WANT, in any combination, giving you flexibility and control
- Have your studies run by one of our highly trained moderators to ensure participants are engaged and motivated (and real!)
- Use our team of expert analysts to interrogate your data and provide killer insights
- Do as little or as much as you want, but always get the brand building recommendations you need
If you would like to know more about how you can get the best of DIY research and agency support, then please click the below.